• Strategic Planning & Counsel
• Messaging & Communications
• Investment Community Outreach & Relations
• Market Intelligence & Reporting
• IPO Investor Relations
• Business & Financial Media Outreach & Relations
• Transaction Communications & Support
• Crisis Communications & Support
• Digital Communications
Strategic Planning & Counsel
We assess each client’s unique corporate position and investment characteristics and work with the management team to collectively determine the Company’s investor relations and capital markets objectives. Drawing on our 17 years of combined experience, and the deep knowledge and perspective derived from our long client partnerships, we develop strategies and detailed plans based on the established objectives, and throughout the course of our relationships, advise our clients on a wide range of corporate matters.
• Goal Assessment & Plan Development.
• IR Best Practices Audit & Implementation.
• Disclosure Policy Development.
• Deal Advisory.
• Counsel on all other corporate issues.
Messaging & Communications
Communication is a vital component of investors’ and analysts’ decision-making processes. Strong financial results are often not enough. Articulating strategy, key metrics and goals, and engaging in a clear, consistent, meaningful dialogue with investors and analysts allows them to develop a richer impression of management, their integrity, vision, and leadership. It is also critical to reassess a company’s position and messaging on a regular basis, and refine communications as appropriate.
• Develop & Integrate Investment Thesis & Key Messages.
• Create & Manage Investor Communications Plan/Calendar.
• Write & Publish all Investor Communications – News Releases, Presentations, Fact Sheets, Conference Call Scripts, IR Website & Annual Report.
• Expert in Communicating Strategy, Outlook, Financial Guidance, Major Developments and Complex Financial Matters.
• Coach on Presentation Delivery and Q&A for Meetings and Quarterly Earnings Calls.
Investment Community Outreach & Relations
Whether a company is just beginning to tell its story, or entering a new corporate life stage and pursuing its next opportunity set in the investment community, we tailor all outreach to suit each client’s unique situation. We cultivate potential investors and sell-side research coverage for clients, leveraging our broad base of contacts, ongoing market intelligence on new contacts, and more than three decades of success matching clients with the most suitable buy and sell-side professionals. At the same time, we work to strengthen relationships with clients’ existing investors and covering analysts. While a company’s performance certainly is the most important component of any IR program, with approximately 15,000 publicly traded companies in the US, it is also imperative to establish, and continually refresh an audience of appropriate investors and analysts that will enable constructive dialogue, proper interpretation and fair valuation of the company.
• Ongoing, Targeted Outreach. Market to relevant investors and analysts.
• Productive Roadshow Meetings. Arrange in-person and tele-meetings with appropriate investment professionals throughout the world, always mindful of making the most productive use of management’s time. Our client base conducts approximately 1,500 investment community meetings annually.
• Collaboration with Covering Analysts. Help optimize and oftentimes supplement roadshows arranged by firms that cover clients in research, thus centralizing the entire investor outreach effort.
• Investment Conference Access, Preparation & Coordination. Secure participation in appropriate investment conferences leveraging our investment banking and analyst relationships. Prepare clients for conference participation, including creating compelling presentations and providing meeting intelligence. Manage associated logistics.
• Investor Day Preparation, Organization & Feedback. Organize and implement well-attended, effective Investor Days at client facilities throughout the world, and follow up with attendees to obtain feedback.
• Relationship-Building. Maintain ongoing contact with analysts and investors and serve as a trusted source of information.
Market Intelligence & Reporting
Management teams must stay abreast of their company’s position in the public marketplace, as well as third party views of their company. At the same time, information overload is not productive. We provide the most appropriate market intelligence, tailoring content and format for each client.
• Peer Monitoring & Analysis.
• Perception Studies & Ongoing Assessments.
• Shareholder/Peer-holder Analysis.
• Pre-meeting Intelligence.
• Post-meeting Feedback.
• Activist Intelligence.
• Institutional Holder Reporting.
• Board Meeting Preparation & Reporting Materials.
Business & Financial Media Outreach & Relations
For many of our clients, we expand investor and analyst awareness through proactive media relations. We take a conservative approach to the media, mindful that not all press is good press.
• Media Outreach. Secure interviews, feature stories, and inclusion in industry pieces in traditional and online media. While our primary focus is on business publications, we also gain traction for our clients by securing placements in respected regional and trade media outlets.
• Expert Positioning. Positioning our clients as experts in their field is one avenue we pursue for media coverage.
• Media Training. We prepare management for interviews based on the type of media outlet.
We have extensive experience working with clients as they execute and communicate various types of corporate transactions.
• IPOs. We support companies throughout the IPO process, including strategic advisory, investment positioning, roadshow preparation, post-IPO planning, and broad-spectrum support in the transition to a public company.
• Follow-on Communications Offerings. Often times the participants in our clients’ secondary offerings include a substantial portion of investors that we have introduced to the client over the course of our relationship.
• Up-listings. We work with companies to facilitate an up-listing from the OTC to NASDAQ or the NYSE.
• SPACs. We have worked with 17 Special Purpose Acquisition Corporations (“SPACs”) that have successfully completed mergers with operating companies. We developed and distributed all associated communications, arranged roadshow meetings, provided counsel on all areas related to the SPAC process and in the transition to a public company, and provided ongoing investor relations services post-merger.
Crisis Communications & Support
Not every unexpected event has to be a crisis. We work with our clients to fully understand the situation, provide an objective point of view, and prepare a clear communications plan geared towards keeping stakeholders fully informed and maintaining management’s credibility.
• IR Website Development & Management.
• Corporate Video Production.
• Executive Video Interviews.
• Video Integration into Investor Presentations.
• Social Media Consulting.